Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup rice, Uncooked
- 1⁄3 lb honey-roasted ham
- 2 teaspoons corn oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup onion, Diced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup fresh bean sprout
- Fill a saucepan with water and add the rice.
- Bring the water to a boil and let the rice boil freely for 9 minutes or until it is cooked through.
- Drain and stir in the 2 tablespoons of corn oil.
- While rice is cooking, wash and cut all of the vegetables and ham into very small diced pieces.
- Mix the soy sauce and sugar together.
- Heat a wok or frying pan and add the peanut oil.
- When it is smoking, add the onions and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the scallions and continue to fry for another 30 seconds.
- Add the ham, snow peas, sprouts and rice and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Push the ingredients aside, making a hole in the centre.
- Crack the egg and drop it into the hole, beating to mix the yellow and white.
- Mix into the other ingredients.
- Again, make a hole and add the soy sauce.
- Toss all of the ingredients together and continue to fry another 3 - 4 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Add salt if necessary.