Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Good for a crowd.
- 8 ounces bacon, diced
- 8 ounces onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1 -2 quart hot water
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 lbs green beans, rinsed and snipped
- Sauté bacon for 2 minutes.
- Add diced onion; stirring often, cook 2 minutes more.
- Add garlic; stir to soften and release flavor.
- Remove from heat before bacon gets too crisp.
- In a large oven-proof pan, dissolve bouillon cubes in hot water.
- Add sugar, white pepper and green beans and bacon mixture.
- Add additional water, so it just covers the beans.
- Stirring once, cook 25 to 30 minutes in a 350 degree F oven or until beans are tender.
- Use a slotted spoon to serve.