Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
A yummy thick chocolate mint brownie from York Peppermint Patties! Get the Sensation!
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter or 1 1⁄2 cups margarine, melted
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 24 york miniature peppermint patties, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 13 x 9 baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs and stir until well combined.
- Combine dry ingredients and blend well with wet ingredients.
- Reserve 2 cups of batter and set aside.
- Spread remaining batter in prepared pan.
- Arrange Peppermint Patties in a single layer over batter, about 1/2 inch apart.
- Carefully spread reserved 2 cups of batter on top.
- Bake for 50- 55 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool completely on wire rack and cut into squares.
Thick is definitely accurate. Not bad, but it was a little TOO much for my tastes. It was so thick, it was a little hard to handle without making a mess. Probably would not make again