This is a miracle recipe for getting rid of those pesty ants that come every spring and summer. Mix up the solution, pack cotton balls in a jar cover, and put the solution on and they will be gone.
- Mix the sugar and Boric Acic well.
- Add the warm water slowly, mixing all the while so it won't be too lumpy.
- Store in a jar.
- When ready to use, put cotton into the top of a jar lid to fill it, and then saturate the cotton to the top.
- Place where you want it; make several if you need it.
- Will keep for a long while.
- NOTE: I usually drip a drop or two over the edge of the lid to rest on the counter so they will find it sooner.
- It sometimes takes a little while for them to find it, but find it they will.
- When they do, let them alone; you will want to kill them because they look so creepy; but don't because they will hang over the edge of the lid and drink, drink, drink, and then take it back to the nest.
- Almost over night, they will be gone.
If I could give this one hundred stars, I would. If I could meet you in person I'd get on my knees and genuflect. My apartment was swarming with those little teeny, tiny ones, and almost impossible to find out where they were coming from. No matter what i did they found another way. Didn't matter if there was food around or not. If I put down cat food, within minutes it was filled with ants and I had to keep changing where I fed them. i found this recipe when I woke up to find them in my bed and freaked out. I had no cotton balls except for a bit from an aspirin jar, so I used that with paper towels. Worked like a charm. It's the 4th day now, and the total count of ants I've seen today so far is ONE. ONE! When it comes to ants, One is the loveliest number. I've already shared this recipe with others. Thank you so much!!!!
OMG!!! Thank you soooooo much for this remedy! My daughter moved into her 1st apartment,,,,with my twin grandsons,,,,,and realized that she was INFESTED with ants. She had them everywhere,,,,on the babies toys and all eeekkk. I made this batch up for her,,,told her to fill baby jars w/out the top on and fill it w/ cotton balls,,,and spray a lil on the outside of jar. Within the 2nd day the jar was filled w/ ants,,,,she said it was gross,,,,I can just imagine. I told her to leave it there so they take it back to the nest. By he 3rd day they were gone maybe 1 here and there. I am sooo thankful,,,,I mean hey they're my grandbabies!!! My husband found the boric acid at rite aid for $4.99 for 4ozs,,,and it will last me forever!!!
This worked great. I sat it out on a Friday that we were going away and Sunday when we came home we didn't have ants. Great way to get rid of ants as I have a dog and with putting it up on the counter I didn't have to worry about the dog getting into it.