Recipe by DogAndCatDoc
I have been playing around with different barbecue sauce recipes for quite some time. I finally have concocted and settled on this one. It does make a fairly small batch, so if grilling for a crowd, you'll need to double it. Whatever is left stores well in the fridge for weeks.
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup dark cherry preserves (or apricot)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 5 -10 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients in medium small pot on stove.
- Heat over medium heat until butter melts and sauce just start to bubble.
- Reduce heat and simmer over low heat 10-15 minutes, uncovered.
- Use on beef or pork ribs on the grill -- just put on the last 5 minutes, so the sauce does not burn on the ribs -- just let caramelize nicely and enjoy!