1/3 Photos of Gerstensuppe [ Barley Soup ]
1 hr 30 mins
I have never made this but have Woman's Day Cookbook and it's in it. Looks good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat butter in heavy saucepan.
- 2Sauté onions, celery, and barley in it.
- 3Sprinkle with flour.
- 4Gradually stir in hot broth. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Simmer, covered, for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally, until barley is very tender.
- 6Remove from heat and add cream.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gerstensuppe [ Barley Soup ]
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.3
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 42.4 mg
- Sodium 819.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 7.5 g