1/2 Photos of Gerschuh's Restaurant Old Fashioned Sugar Cream Pie
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe is from Gerschuh's Restaurant that was in Greenville for many years and was known for their pies. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat home oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Mix the sugar with the flour until completely blended. Add the salt and whipping cream.
- 3Blend the half-and-half with the yolks and stir into the sugar mixture, then add the vanilla.
- 4Just blend the mixture; do not beat it.
- 5Pour into an unbaked pie shell, distribute the cold, chopped butter evenly on top of the pie filling and sprinkle cinnamon on the top.
- 6Bake the pie until the filling is completely set when the pie is jiggled. Bake “until it bubbles through for 10 minutes.” In a convection oven that takes and hour and 15 minutes. In the home oven start checking the pie after an hour.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gerschuh's Restaurant Old Fashioned Sugar Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 683.3
- Calories from Fat 442
- Total Fat 49.2 g
- Saturated Fat 26.5 g
- Cholesterol 196.7 mg
- Sodium 258.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 33.6 g
- Protein 6.1 g