This recipe is from Gerschuh's Restaurant that was in Greenville for many years and was known for their pies. Enjoy!
- Preheat home oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the sugar with the flour until completely blended. Add the salt and whipping cream.
- Blend the half-and-half with the yolks and stir into the sugar mixture, then add the vanilla.
- Just blend the mixture; do not beat it.
- Pour into an unbaked pie shell, distribute the cold, chopped butter evenly on top of the pie filling and sprinkle cinnamon on the top.
- Bake the pie until the filling is completely set when the pie is jiggled. Bake “until it bubbles through for 10 minutes.” In a convection oven that takes and hour and 15 minutes. In the home oven start checking the pie after an hour.