Ger makes the best Brown Bread and I finally got the recipe (and promptly modified it to pair down the ingredient list and raise the percentage of whole wheat flour). I might try this with 100% ww flour next.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Sift dry ingredients together.
- 3Add milk until slightly sticky.
- 4Mix minimally, just enough for a raggy texture. DON'T KNEAD!
- 5Shape into a circle, 2 inches tall, and place on floured cookie sheet.
- 6Cut deep cross into the top with a sharp, floured knife.
- 7Bake for 35-45 minutes, until a rap to the bottom sounds hollow.
- 8**note** technique is key with soda bread. This is one of those instances where YouTube is a better medium than a written recipe. I highly suggest you watch some video tutorials before attempting soda bread for the first time.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ger's Wheaten Oat Bread
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.1
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 1.2 mg
- Sodium 256.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 6.4 g