Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe from my mother's aunt, its old traditional Kuwaiti style cake, the recipe is too easy and its oil free cake, only you have to get right way before and after baking. The best way to have the cake with a cup of tea.
- 6 eggs (normal size)
- 177.44 ml white sugar
- 4.92 ml cardamom powder
- 2.46 ml saffron
- 295.73 ml all-purpose flour
For gressing the pan
- 4.92 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml vegetable oil
- 14.79 ml sesame seeds
- 1) Preheat oven to 355 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9 inch round pan with a middle hole and sprinkle with 1/2 tbs sesame seeds.
- 2) With electrical mixture beat the Eggs with the Sugar on high speed for 15 to 20 minutes till it become foamy (extra faomy), then add the Cardamon and Saffron.
- 3) With wooden spoon, add the Flour and mix in vertical motion (in & out). Pour into prepared pan & sprinkle with remaining Sesame seeds.
- 4) Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Ones its ready turn out onto a wire rack Immediately and cool completely.
the flavours of the cake are intense and unique and the recipe was easy to follow and I achieved good results at my first try and I love that the cake is dairy and practically oil free which means it's as light as a feather. Highly recommend you try this recipe.
This was exceedingly simple to make, and it tastes great. I cooked it in a fan forced oven at 170C and it only took 25 minutes. Not a sweet cake (as expected), but would be great with a cup of tea as suggested.