Recipe by Baby Kato
The unbelievable flavour in this lovely dish is the result of blending chicken, wine, sour cream, lemon, mushrooms, onions, olives and cheese. Excellant served with mashed potatoes, noodles or rice.
Top Review by I'mPat
I originally scaled this back for 2 but due to a change of plans only made for one the DM and proceeded as such but erred when it came to the sauce and made it up for 2 and only realized as I poured it over the chicken so I had an excess of sauce but that was fine as it was great mopped up with some bread. My boneless skinless chicken breast half weighed 250 grams and the cooking time was perfect at 175C fan forced and I was left with cooked but moist chicken. The DM declared herself not to be very hungry so just told her to eat what she could and only expected her to eat half but she ate the lot and declared it delicious, thank you Baby Kato for an easy quick recipe, made for ZAAR Stars tag game.
- 4 chicken breasts, skinned,boned
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic, roasted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano leaves, dried
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 8 mushrooms, large,thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green olives, large,sliced coarsley
- 1⁄2 cup white wine, dry
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 1⁄2 cup gruyere cheese, grated (may substitute swiss)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, wash and dry chicken breasts.
- Combine flour, oregano, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper together.
- Dust the chicken with the flour mixture.
- In large pan, heat oil and brown chicken.
- In 9 x 13" pan arrange browned chicken breasts and sprinkle with onions, mushrooms, olives and lemon juice.
- In small bowl stir together wine, sour cream, tomatoe paste, salt and pepper.
- Pour wine mixture over chicken.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup grated gruyere cheese and bake 10 minutes longer, uncovered.
- Lovely served with mashed potatoes, steamed asparagus and fresh baked dinner rolls.