Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
The unbelievable flavour in this lovely dish is the result of blending chicken, wine, sour cream, lemon, mushrooms, onions, olives and cheese. Excellant served with mashed potatoes, noodles or rice.
- 4 chicken breasts, skinned,boned
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic, roasted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano leaves, dried
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 8 mushrooms, large,thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green olives, large,sliced coarsley
- 1⁄2 cup white wine, dry
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 1⁄2 cup gruyere cheese, grated (may substitute swiss)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, wash and dry chicken breasts.
- Combine flour, oregano, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper together.
- Dust the chicken with the flour mixture.
- In large pan, heat oil and brown chicken.
- In 9 x 13" pan arrange browned chicken breasts and sprinkle with onions, mushrooms, olives and lemon juice.
- In small bowl stir together wine, sour cream, tomatoe paste, salt and pepper.
- Pour wine mixture over chicken.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup grated gruyere cheese and bake 10 minutes longer, uncovered.
- Lovely served with mashed potatoes, steamed asparagus and fresh baked dinner rolls.
I originally scaled this back for 2 but due to a change of plans only made for one the DM and proceeded as such but erred when it came to the sauce and made it up for 2 and only realized as I poured it over the chicken so I had an excess of sauce but that was fine as it was great mopped up with some bread. My boneless skinless chicken breast half weighed 250 grams and the cooking time was perfect at 175C fan forced and I was left with cooked but moist chicken. The DM declared herself not to be very hungry so just told her to eat what she could and only expected her to eat half but she ate the lot and declared it delicious, thank you Baby Kato for an easy quick recipe, made for ZAAR Stars tag game.
What a great dinner we had tonight -- this chicken was delicious! Love the mushrooms, green olives and the paprika really came through. The chicken was very tender and the melted gruyere was sooo good. Served this dish with sauteed zucchini, tomatoes and more mushrooms! Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag, June, 2013.
Wonderful! I'm sorry I waited so long to try this! The only thing I might do differently is eliminate the salt....there is enough salt in the olives and cheese to flavor the chicken. Maybe add just a sprinkle at serving! Really enjoyed this yummy chicken dish....thanks for sharing!