Recipe by Baby Kato
These are the best buttermilk pancakes ever...Wonderful THIN pancakes, served plain with icing sugar or if you want a real treat add: raspberries, blueberries, bananas and/or chocolate chips. If you would like fluffy pancakes add an extra 1/2 cup of flour.
Top Review by averybird
We really enjoyed these thin, almost crepe-like pancakes. I did use part buttermilk and part regular milk, which might have made mine extra thin. But they were great with lots of maple syrup and then rolled up! I agree that these are best poured large into the pan, so you get a nice big pancake. Anything smaller and you are left with abstract shapes (such as the continental U.S., one of my earlier attempts!) Great pancake. Thank you!
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- blueberries (optional) or raspberries (optional) or bananas (optional) or chocolate chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put eggs in large bowl and beat lightly.
- Add next 4 ingredients into egg mixture.
- Melt butter on skillet or griddle, add to pancake mixture, mix lightly.
- (DO NOT OVER MIX).
- Heat griddle, butter lightly if necessary and add batter to make small circles. Next add a small amount of fruit or chocolate chips, when batter is partly cooked, turn.
- Serve with butter and icing sugar or maple syrup.
- For a real taste treat drizzle caramel sauce over the buttermilk banana pancakes, enjoy.