Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A low fat hearty soup
- 2 large onions (chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 medium zucchini (chopped roughly)
- 2 large potatoes (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 8 cups broth (Chicken or Vegetable)
- parmesan cheese, to serve (optional)
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil until transparent.
- Add remaining ingredients bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 30 minutes or until potatoes and zucchni are soft.
- Puree in a blender or use a hand blender.
- Season to your taste
- Serve with Parmesan Cheese (optional).
Simple, easy soup. For a change, omit the cheese and add a teaspoon of Pesto in the centre of each bowl of soup to create a French style "Soup au Pistou".