Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is an oldie but goodie and enjoyed by children and adults alike. This is an excellent 'make ahead' to have prepared and ready to heat when you know your B.B.Q. will be filled with adult fare. Make extra because you'll find the youngsters will have to share these burgers with the adults ...they can't resist despite the adult choices on the menu!
- Pan fry or grill the hamburger patties.
- Drain patties on paper towel.
- Put prepared patties in a casserole dish or a roaster.
- Prepare Sauce (I usually double the recipe to have extra on hand) In a medium pot add the sauce ingredients and blend smooth with a whisk.
- Cook gently over medium heat, stirring until heated through.
- Pour over the prepared patties.
- At this point you may cover and refrigerate until ready to heat for your meal.
- If preparing this at mealtime, place in a 300 degree oven for 25 minutes or until nicely heated through.
- I like serving marinated onions, sliced tomatoes, pickles and all the extras that make for a loaded burger.
The kids like sloppy joes but I never know how much they are really getting to eat besides the bun and sauce. So I decided to make this, went over really well although I did leave out the sugar in the recipe.
Move over McDonalds, there's a new "special sauce" in town, slightly sweet, a little bit tangy & quite delish! I'll use Gerry's method when I use pre-made burgers for a large group but I prefer The Perfect Burger when its just the 2 of us, topped with the usual condiments & Gerry's sauce. Thanx for sharing!
Wow!! Love the sauce, very similar to the one I use on my meatloaf - silly me, never thought to use it on hamburgers . I baked them and loved how it caramelized on the meat. Smelled fantastic, tasted better. Thanks Gerry! Made for Aus/NZ Swap 37.