Recipe by Kate in Katoomba
My Father in Canada gave me this recipe. It's delicious and can easilly be doubled. NEVER stint on the wine! Kate in Katoomba
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 lb hot Italian sausage, cut in 1 cm slices
- 3 medium carrots, coin sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can pork and beans in tomato sauce
- chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil to a medioum high heat.
- Brown the chicken and the sausages.
- Add the carrots, onion and garlic.
- Saute for 2 minutes.
- Drain off the fat.
- Stir in the wine, bayleaf, thyme and pepper.
- Cover and simmer over a low heat for about 15 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in the beans and heat through.
- Sprinkle parsley on the top.