Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Slightly Spicy hearty lentil soup.
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped gingerroot
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 3 cups chopped carrots
- 1 -2 cup red lentil
- salt & pepper
- curry paste, to taste
- 2 tablespoons of chopped preserved lemons (optional)
- 2 liters fat free chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- Gently fry onions; garlic and ginger in olive oil, when onions are translucent add curry paste. Add celery and carrots and stir for a few minutes. Add chicken broth and tomatoes lentils and lemons, simmer for 30 minutes. Add seasoning to taste.