Recipe by Ann Arber
My mother, Gerry Lefever made these for all of us from grade school on. My brothers were known to hunt the house until they found the hidden cookie cans and they would devour them. I was known to grab them as soon as they hit the rack! LOL Everytime I mak
Top Review by andreaadams01
I was looking for an oatmeal cookie recipe with no raisins or chocolate chips and found this! I realized a little too late that I was out of waxed paper so I chilled the dough for about an hour and then rolled and flattened the cookies. They are absolutely delicious! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄4 cup currants (can use chopped raisins)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients, then nuts,and currants.
- Roll into two rolls in waxed paper.
- Chill Slice 1/4 " thick.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes.
- Let cool a minute on the sheet.
- I let them brown a bit as I like crisp cookies.