Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A recipe I got from a co-worker and I am putting here for safe keeping. I have not tried this yet... 09/29/2008 Update we tried this for dinner last night and didn't have any leftovers. I did do as one poster suggested and used brown rice (since thats is pretty much all I usually have on hand anyway), but I used the full time specified in the recipe and it was still crunchy. Based on this, and other reviewers comments I think I would have to stick to the original recipe next time and only use white rice. I did the rest of the recipe exactly as called for and we thought the flavor was excellent. I was afraid that the long cook time with boneless skinless breasts would leave them a bit on the dry side, but they came out moist and very flavorful.
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups white rice
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packets onion soup mix
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit. In a large bowl mix first 5 ingredients together.
- Place chicken in 9x13 baking dish and pour mixture over top of chicken.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 1/2 hours in preheated oven.
I have been making this for years, but I use a cut up whole chicken.My family has always loved this recipe.
I have been making this for years. It is so easy to make and comes out perfect all the time. Thanks for posting it.
I have been making this for years and it is easy and delicious. The other reviewer had mush because she didn't follow the recipe and didn't cook it long enough to let the soup soak into the rice. It's so annoying when people rate a recipe poorly when they didn't follow the instructions.