Recipe by Linda Kadlec
These cookies are like macaroons, only better.
Top Review by sconehead
Great cookie! I made one change though. I replaced the pecans with dried cranberries, since my kids don't like nuts. I also flattened them with a glass dipped in turbinado sugar....gave them a wonderful crunch to the chewiness....they are YUMMY!! thanks for the great recipe!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon orange rind
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to moderate speed (350 degrees).
- Cream sugar and butter or margarine.
- Add eggs, then vanilla.
- Sift dry ingredien ts (flour, soda, powder, salt and orange peel) together.
- Add to first mixture.
- Add oatmeal, coconut and nuts.
- Roll out to 2" thickness and cutout with a 2" biscuit cutter and place on cookie sheet or drop by Tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Let cool on pan for 2-3 minutes .
- Move to cooling surface (paper towels or cooling racks) and let completely cool.
- Make appoximately 40 cookies.