Recipe by Halcyon Eve
I've lightened the original recipe for German's Sweet Chocolate Pie a bit, and we all love it! Cooking time is time to freeze.
Top Review by Shelby Jo
This was pretty tasty. I did cut the recipe in half and then used the mini graham cracker pie crusts so they were more like individual servings. I made exactly as directed, (besides cutting it in half). It is nice and light and refreshing. Thanks for posting!
- 1 (4 ounce) package German sweet chocolate (I prefer Baker's German's Sweet Chocolate)
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat milk, divided
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened (I prefer Philadelphia brand 1/3 Less Fat cream cheese)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed (I prefer Cool Whip Lite)
- 1 (6 ounce) graham cracker pie crust
- chocolate curls, optional garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave chocolate and 2 tbsp milk in a large microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute. Stir; microwave 1 minute or until chocolate is almost melted. Stir until completely melted.
- Add cream cheese, sugar, and remaining milk (3 tbsp + 1 tsp). Beat with a whisk until mixture is well combined. Chill for 10 minutes or until cooled.
- Fold in Cool Whip Lite and spoon mixture into pie crust.
- Freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- Let pie stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with chocolate curls or any other garnishes as desired.