Lazy Cook N+1's Note:
Easy, tasty, and nutritious - one of my better creations! I keep the simple ingredients in my pantry, so it's an easy out when I need dinner in a hurry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large casserole dish.
- 2Drain the sauerkraut and spread it on the bottom.
- 3Slice the sausage into "pennies", and arrange the slices on top of the kraut. I use turkey kielbasa, but any tasty sausage will work.
- 4Drain the beets, and arrange them on top of the sausage.
- 5Sprinkle the dill weed over the beets, and top with sour cream.
- 6Steam or fry the sliced onion lightly, and arrange that over the beets. The dried fried onions I get from the oriental market work well also.
- 7Drain the potatoes and spread them over the top.
- 8Cover and bake at 350F for 30 minutes, or microwave on High for 10 minutes.
- 9Remove the cover, top with Swiss cheese, and bake another 3-5 minutes until the cheese has melted.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Germanic Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (443 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 501.9
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 71.6 mg
- Sodium 1365.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 20.2 g