Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Try this German salad dressing on your next lettuce and tomato salad or use it to dress a noodle, rice or Waldorf-type salad. Onions and garlic give it some zip. This recipe dresses a salad for 4 people, 3/4 cup per serving. Chilling time not included in preparation time. From about.com and posted for ZWT6.
- 118.29 ml plain yogurt
- 9.85 ml sugar or 9.85 ml artificial sweetener, to taste
- 14.79 ml canola oil or 14.79 ml walnut oil
- 9.85 ml white balsamic vinegar or 9.85 ml white wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml chopped chives
- 14.79 ml minced onion
- 14.79 ml chopped dill
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 4.92 ml medium-hot mustard (optional)
- Mix the yogurt, sugar, vinegar and oil together.
- Add mustard (the mustard taste comes through a lot, so only use if you are in the mood) if you like.
- Stir in the onions, chives, dill and garlic.
- Let it sit for a few minutes up to a few hours in the refrigerator for the flavors to marry.
- Serve or use cold.
Great dressing...I think it would also be good in a potato salad. Light and very tasty and I like that it uses so many fresh additions, in a pinch I'm sure dried herbs would be fine too. I used the amount of sugar called for and am finding it pretty sweet, so next time I'd probably half that. I also added slightly more vinegar for a bit more zing. Thanks for posting! ZWT6