Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
German White Bean & Pea Salad with Prosciutto & Smoked Cheese. Nutritious, colorful, chock full of tasty ingredients, and easy to toss together. Serve it with German wholegrain crispbread or sunflower seed bread for a light summer meal. If you cannot find Bavarian rauchkäse (a smoked semi-soft cheese) try another smoked semi-soft cheese. Adapted from A Taste of Germany.
- 453.59 g can white beans, such as great northern drained and rinsed
- 236.59 ml cooked peas
- 118.29 ml red cabbage, from a jar (preferably German)
- 1 small granny smith apple, cored and sliced thinly
- 113.39 g cubed rauchkase bavarian smoked cheese, semi-soft, about 3/4 cup (or smoked semi-soft cheese)
- 4 slice prosciutto, sliced into thin strips (preferably German)
- 59.14 ml salted sunflower seeds
- lettuce leaf (optional)
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 14.79 ml white wine vinegar
- 4.92 ml minced fresh marjoram
- 4.92 ml hot mustard (preferably German)
- 2.46 ml honey (preferably German)
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Whisk together Marjoram Vinaigrette ingredients until smooth and emulsified.
- Place all ingredients except vinaigrette in a large bowl. Add vinaigrette and toss gently.
- Serve alone, or spooned over lettuce leaves if desired.
Excellent salad. I loved the flavors in the vinaigrette. The salad was perfect for a light lunch.