1/1 Photo of German White Bean Chili
Curtis H. Breville's Note:
I came up with this recipe while thinking of the foods that are German staples and how I could mix them together in a way that result in a satisfying, memorable meal. I won a chili cookoff with this recipe one week later. I hope you enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 lb german bockwurst
- 4 slices smoked gouda cheese (thin slices)
- 8 ounces cans franks Bavarian-style sweet sauerkraut
- 4 (16 ounce) cans bush dry northern white beans
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 (1 1/2 ounce) packages McCormicks chicken white-bean chili seasoning
- 4 tablespoons stoneground German mustard
- 6 ounces bottles of german rauchbier beer (this is a smoky beer)
- 2 teaspoons of ground garlic and herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 dashes salt or 2 dashes hot salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1Brown the ground turkey and the bockwurst in a large skillet.
- 2In a large pot on medium-high heat, put in the heavy crème.
- 3Remove dark edge from the gouda and add the gouda to the pot.
- 4Stir until the gouda is melted.
- 5Add the 2 packages of chili seasoning, ground pepper, salt, seasoning, milk, and mustard and stir well.
- 6Add the 4 cans of white beans and 2 cans of diced tomatoes& green chilis Drain the sourkraut and add half of it to the pot.
- 7Once browned, drain the fat and add the turkey to the pot.
- 8Slice the bockwurst into small 1/4-inch pieces and add to the pot.
- 9Add the water, milk, and rauchbier to the pot.
- 10Mix the corn starch with a 1/4-cup of cold water and stir until smooth, add to the chili.
- 11Put lid on top and simmer, Stirring occasionally for a half-hour.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German White Bean Chili
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.6
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 25.5 mg
- Sodium 241.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.1 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 26.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
smoked gouda cheese
McCormicks chicken white-bean chili seasoning
garlic and herb seasoning