1/2 Photos of German Warm Cabbage Salad (Krautsalat)
Polar Bear's Note:
German deli. Posted by request. Garlic is optional. Some German Krautsalat recipes do not have garlic at all.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the bacon into tiny bits.
- 2Fry it in a big deep frying pan and fish out all the bits after they are crisp.
- 3Cut up the onion and garlic and fry them in the bacon fat.
- 4When they are brown, pour in the vinegar.
- 5Bring it just up to a simmer, add all the cabbage and bacon, toss it as you would a salad, and serve it.
- 6The cabbage doesn't cook, but it wilts a little under the hot vinegar.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Warm Cabbage Salad (Krautsalat)
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.5
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 9.6 mg
- Sodium 141.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 3.6 g