A lady I know makes the best German filling (for upside down German chocolate cake where the gooey bit is in the middle) in the world. I can't get enough of this stuff. Makes enough to fill one 9-inch chocolate cake. This will keep for one week in the fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan, combine egg yolks, butter, whipping cream, and sugar.
- 2Whisk constantly over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a full boil.
- 3Remove from heat; stir in vanilla, coconut, and pecans.
- 4Let cool, then refrigerate until mixture is thickened.
- 5Layer between chocolate cake.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Topping (For German Chocolate Cake)
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.6
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 63.1 mg
- Sodium 62.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 1.7 g