Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A lady I know makes the best German filling (for upside down German chocolate cake where the gooey bit is in the middle) in the world. I can't get enough of this stuff. Makes enough to fill one 9-inch chocolate cake. This will keep for one week in the fridge.
- In a medium saucepan, combine egg yolks, butter, whipping cream, and sugar.
- Whisk constantly over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a full boil.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla, coconut, and pecans.
- Let cool, then refrigerate until mixture is thickened.
- Layer between chocolate cake.
This was okay...I find the recipe on the side of the package of Baker's German Chocolate is by far better.