Recipe by kitina
Posted by request. I am sharing this at the request of a member. This may be an acquired taste for some. Translated from a recipe found on a German website.
Top Review by HeatherFeather
This unfortunately did not work out for me at all. I was unable to achieve a smooth sauce with a well balanced flavor and texture, despite measuring carefully and adding lots of hot water in small batches. I also was greatly disappointed in the flavor. I had orignally shared this recipe for a request, but asked the Elves to remove it from my account because I had such poor results once I tried it. Perhaps you will have more luck than I did at improving this - I cannot recommend the current version.
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 40 g all-purpose flour
- hot water, as needed
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, to taste
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, to taste
- 4 -6 eggs, cooked any way you like them
- 2 -3 potatoes, peeled, sliced, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a skillet and have ready a cup or two of hot water.
- Whisk in the flour and cook until brown, stirring constantly--be careful not to burn the flour.
- Add a small amount of hot water to the pan, whisking well, to create a sauce-like consistency, adding and whisking as needed.
- Whisk together the vinegar and the sugar, then add as much or as little to the sauce as you like (taste and adjust if necessary).
- Cook eggs however you like them (pan fried, hard boiled, etc) and serve with the sauce and some potatoes, if desired.