Recipe by kitina
Posted by request. I am sharing this at the request of a member. This may be an acquired taste for some. Translated from a recipe found on a German website.
Top Review by Frederick F.
Glad to finally see a recipe.This dish was in my family too..Mom and Grandma left no recipe. Ive come up w a very good one. I used can crm of pot soup as base add mayo like "salad dressing" to taste stir in half of my hardboiled sliced eggs while hearing.I dish that out over mashed potatoes top w rest of eggs and have chopped canned spinach on the side sometimes add toast.Its really good!
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 40 g all-purpose flour
- hot water, as needed
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, to taste
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, to taste
- 4 -6 eggs, cooked any way you like them
- 2 -3 potatoes, peeled, sliced, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a skillet and have ready a cup or two of hot water.
- Whisk in the flour and cook until brown, stirring constantly--be careful not to burn the flour.
- Add a small amount of hot water to the pan, whisking well, to create a sauce-like consistency, adding and whisking as needed.
- Whisk together the vinegar and the sugar, then add as much or as little to the sauce as you like (taste and adjust if necessary).
- Cook eggs however you like them (pan fried, hard boiled, etc) and serve with the sauce and some potatoes, if desired.