Recipe by Impera_Magna
When I was in college, many moons ago, a bunch of us would walk over to nearby Cameron Village (shopping area)to the K&W Cafeteria for Sunday dinner. This pie was my very favorite dessert... and I was thrilled to find this recipe on the label of Baker's sweet chocolate. *Mumble mumble* years later, it's still a favorite.
- 1 (4 ounce) package sweet chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 2⁄3 cups evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄3 cups coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring until blended; remove from heat and gradually blend in milk.
- Mix sugar, cornstarch, & salt in lg bowl.
- Add eggs & vanilla; beat well.
- Gradually blend in chocolate mixture.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Combine pecans & coconut, sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 375 for 45 to 50 minutes or until puffed and browned.
- Filling will be soft but will set while cooling.
- Cool AT LEAST four hours before cutting.
- NOTE: If top browns too quickly, cover loosely with foil the last 15 minutes of baking.