Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 4 hrs
Cook 1 hr
I used to eat this as a kid. My mom would make this and it smelled so good in our house. I have since started making this for my own family and they all love it.
- Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of the tenderloin 2/3 of the way through the meat.
- Place tenderloin between two sheets of waxed paper and flatten to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Combine tenderloin, beer, cider vinegar and raisins in a baking dish.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs (from pumpernickel), orange peel and garlic; cover and let stand 4 hours.
- Remove tenderloin from marinade, reserving raisins.
- Discard marinade.
- Add raisins to bread crumb mixture.
- In another small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt, pepper and cinnamon; rub over both sides of tenderloin.
- Spread bread crumb mixture over tenderloin to within 1/2 inch from edges.
- Roll up tenderloin, jelly roll fashion, starting at narrow end.
- Tie securely with heavy string at 2 inch intervals.
- Plae on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Bake at 400 for 55 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160.