Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick sautéed flank steak with green bell pepper and mushrooms.
Make and share this German Style Sautéed Beef recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced thin (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Cut the flank steak lengthwise into 2 inch wide strips. Cut crosswise into 1/2 inch lengths. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil over high heat in a large skillet. Cook 1/2 the meat, stirring and shaking to cook evenly, for 1 to 2 minutes; remove. Cook remaining meat, shaking and stirring, 1 to 2 minutes. Set aside with first batch.
- Melt butter in skillet, add green peppers and mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms start to wilt. Add shallots and cook another minute. Add 1/4 cup sherry. When it starts to boil add beef broth. Heat 1 minute and add cream.
- Blend corn starch with remaining sherry and stir into sauce. Stir and return meat to skillet. Season with salt and pepper if needed. Serve.
Delicious. I made the recipe as directed using pre sliced fajita meat. The sauce was wonderful but the meat was tough and I paid $7 a pound for it!
Made as written and found this to be a very delicious meal, I served this over Recipe #441475. The only thing I can fault is the meat doesn't come out tender, I would recommend once everything is done, cover and let simmer for about an hour. Thanks! Made for More Than Sauerkraut & Dumplings in the German Forum.