Recipe by Shelby Jo
A recipe I found on Pillsbury.com. "Old-world flavors make a unique and tasty topping for an easy pizza."
- 1 (13 7/8 ounce) can Pillsbury refrigerated classic pizza crust
- 1⁄3 cup smucker's apricot preserves
- 8 ounces uncooked bratwursts, casings removed (original flavor)
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 cup well-drained sauerkraut (from 14-oz can)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese (6 oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F Spray 12-inch pizza pan with CRISCO® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Unroll pizza crust dough on pan; press dough to edge of pan. Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Brush preserves over dough; set aside.
- Spray 10-inch skillet with CRISCO® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Add sausage, onion and sauerkraut; cook over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally and breaking up sausage, until sausage is no longer pink. Remove sausage mixture with slotted spoon; spoon evenly over preserves on crust. Sprinkle cheese over top.
- Bake 13 to 19 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.