Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
Found this recipe in Cuisine at Home magazine. My mom and I have both made this one to rave reviews. It's being put here for safe keeping!
- 4 slices bacon, thick sliced
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground chuck
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle dark beer or 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in a large saute pan until crisp. Remove bacon, reserving 1 Tbs of the drippings in the pan. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Combine ground beed, minced onion, parsley, 1 tsp salt and pepper. Shape mixture into four 3/4" thick patties.
- Brown patties in bacon drippings in saute pan over medium-high eat 4 min per side. Remove patties from pan.
- Add sliced onions and mushrooms to pan; saute until onions are tender, about 8 minute
- Stir in flour; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Remove pan from heat; add beer, broth, sugar, tomato paste, caraway seed, garlic, and the 1/2 tsp salt.
- Return pan to heat and bring liquid to a boil for 1 min to thicken.
- Return patties to pan; cover and simmer until meat is cooked through, about 10 minute.
- Top steaks with onion-mushroom sauce and bacon.