Recipe by vrvrvr
Fast! Kids like it! Something a little different from chicken for dinner.
Top Review by Southern Lady
Try it, it's a nice change! A great recipe for hectic week nights! SOOOO Easy. I always keep Kielbasa sausage in the freezer as a quick meal. You could also use regular hash browns and add your own onion and peppers to your taste. DH isn't a big German sweet&tart fan, so next time, I'll cut back on the lemon and sugar.
- 1 lb link sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
- 4 cups o'brien frozen potatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons instant beef bouillon
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, brown sausage.
- Stir in potatoes, 3/4 cup water and bouillon; bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- In small bowl, combine remaining 1/4 cup water, lemon juice, sugar, cornstarch and dry mustard; mix well.
- Pour over meat mixture; simmer uncovered 5 minutes until thick and bubbly.
- Serve immediately.