Just got this recipe finally, have eaten it before and it was wonderful. Can't wait to try it, but thought I'd share it with my Zaar family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large soup kettle, cook bacon over medium heat until lightly browned.
- 2Do not drain.
- 3Stir in onions; sauté two minutes.
- 4Add flour, stirring until blended and evenly cooked; two to three minutes.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Add water, ham and chicken bases, and sugar.
- 7Mix well.
- 8Stir in potatoes; return to heat and bring to a rolling boil.
- 9Reduce heat to a gentle boil for fifteen minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- 10Add vinegar and mix well.
- 11Simmer two to three minutes.
- 12Add half-and-half; mix well.
- 13Heat to a simmer; stir often.
- 14Serve hot garnished with additional green onions, bacon bits, and/or chopped hard-boiled eggs.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German-Style Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (6140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4356.1
- Calories from Fat 2362
- Total Fat 262.5 g
- Saturated Fat 103.1 g
- Cholesterol 487.5 mg
- Sodium 6395.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 398.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 25.2 g
- Sugars 97.7 g
- Protein 100.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ham soup base