Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I love German potato salad and soup. This is a nice way to have both. Good comfort food. I don't add any salt to this.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 8 ounces smoked sausage, sliced
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cups shredded coleslaw mix
- Mix all in crock pot.
- Cook on low 8-9 hours or high 4-4 1/2.
- Serve with a salad and a good rye or pumpernickel bread.
This soup was quite good. I like the richness of the beef broth with the vinegar, veggies and celery seeds. I used low fat chicken sausage, and didn't want it to be too sweet, so only used 1/2 tsp of the sugar. This served 3 for us as an entree with no sides. Thanks for sharing, Jules!