Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From BHG. Serve with hearty rye bread.
Make and share this German Style Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 ounces cooked smoked sausage, sliced
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded coleslaw mix (cabbage with carrots)
- snipped fresh parsley
- In a 4 quart slow-cooker, mix together the potatoes, celery, onion, and sausage.
- In a mixing bowl, add the broth, vinegar, sugar, celery seeds, dry mustard, and pepper; stir to combine.
- Pour over potato mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8-9 hours.
- Stir in cabbage; cover and cook 15-30 minutes; check seasoning to taste and adjust.
- Top each serving with fresh snipped parsley.