1/1 Photo of German Style Pork Chops With Mushrooms
A once-loved recipe that I had forgotten about but recently rediscovered. Super with buttered egg noodles or mashed potatoes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Coarsely chop onion.
- 2In a plastic bag, combine the flour, 1/2 tsp thyme and salt and pepper. Shake to mix.
- 3Add the pork chops and shake lightly to coat. Remove the chops and reserve the excess flour.
- 4In a large skillet warm oil over med-high and add chops. Cook until well browned(about 7 minutes per side). Remove chops and set aside to a plate (cover loosely with foil to keep warm).
- 5In same skillet, cook the onion, mushrooms and garlic over med-high heat, stirring for about a minute. Add 1 tbsp of reserved flour and cook until flour is no longer visible (about a minute).
- 6Stir in beer, chicken broth and remaining 1 tsp of thyme and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 8 minutes, turning chops halfway through.
- 7Uncover skillet and cook for another 2 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly and the chops are cooked through.
- 8Serve with noodles or potatoes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Style Pork Chops With Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.8
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 75.0 mg
- Sodium 458.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 26.2 g