Recipe by EmmyDuckie
I can't vouch for any authenticity in this recipe, but my grandmother says it's German. I can tell you it's delicious with Wienerschnitzel.
Top Review by tinker :0)
Nice side dish- served with chicken kabobs. Tried to lighten up by not cooking in bacon grease (used pam instead) and used baby yukon golds-which already have nice buttery flavor! Thanks for posting :)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion
- 2 lbs potatoes, cubed and cooked
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Precook potatoes, unless you happen to have some left over.
- Cook bacon pieces over med-high heat until crisp, remove from pan, reserving about half the fat.
- Add butter to bacon grease, melt.
- Add onion, cook until translucent.
- Add potatoes, cook until slightly browned.
- Salt to taste, and pepper generously. Top with reserved bacon.