Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
So easy, you can have hens on a week night! This recipe came from the first cookbook I ever owned - about 1974.
- 1 Cornish hen (split lengthwise)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs (seasoned)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried ginger
- seasoning salt (I use Morton's Nature's Seasonings)
- Sprinkle hen halves with lemon juice.
- Place all remaining ingredients in a plastic bag& shake to combine.
- Place hen halves in bag, one at a time, and shake to coat.
- Place hen halves, cut side down, in a 13x9 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Very, very good, KeyWee! My family thought I didn't like Cornish hens, but it was the ricotta stuffing they all like that I objected to. Nothing to object to with this! Will definitely have it again.
This was very good, and I DID make it on a weeknight, after work. I made the recipe as is, using my own blend of seasoned salt, and served with baked potatoes and a big green salad. Thanks KeyWee!
Wonderful recipe! Made this for Sunday dinner with oven roasted potatoes and a tossed salad..mmmmm! Just the right amount of parmesan and spices.DH loved it,and he eats most food without much comment.And it was so simple to do. Thanks for sharing Kelly!