1/2 Photos of German Style Grilled Pork Kebab
1 hr 5 mins
Pork kebabs are popular in Germany for grilling. This is an easy recipe that works out great as snacks or the main dish. The trick is to slice the pork thin and skewer it right to get the pork crisp on the outside. Can be made with either Pork belly or Pork shoulder. Pork shoulder makes it a very cheap dish.
My Private Note
kebab s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 6 slices pork belly, about 1/2 an inch thick cut into long thin pieces or
- 1 lb pork shoulder, cut into 1/2 inch thick long thin pieces
- 1Mix all the spices and let them sit for a while, than add the Olive oil.
- 2You can fill extra in a canning jar, it will last a long time.
- 3Wrap the pork belly in a spiral around the wood skewer. The alternative is to poke through the middle of the slices. Soak the wood skewers in water before you wrap the pork around it.
- 4Apply the olive oil spice mix to the meat on the skewers.
- 5Optional let the prepared skewer sit in the refrigerator for 1 to 4 hours.
- 6Put the wood skewers on the Grill and and rotate them every minute until they reach the desired doneness. It should not take long than 5 minutes. You can apply more of the olive oil marinade during the grilling if you want a more intense taste, it is usually not necessary.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Style Grilled Pork Kebab
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.3
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 107.3 mg
- Sodium 1649.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 26.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: