Recipe by bur0203
Pork kebabs are popular in Germany for grilling. This is an easy recipe that works out great as snacks or the main dish. The trick is to slice the pork thin and skewer it right to get the pork crisp on the outside. Can be made with either Pork belly or Pork shoulder. Pork shoulder makes it a very cheap dish.
- 6 slices pork belly, about 1/2 an inch thick cut into long thin pieces or
- 1 lb pork shoulder, cut into 1/2 inch thick long thin pieces
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 bay leaves, ground in a mortar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- olive oil, extra virgin
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the spices and let them sit for a while, than add the Olive oil.
- You can fill extra in a canning jar, it will last a long time.
- Wrap the pork belly in a spiral around the wood skewer. The alternative is to poke through the middle of the slices. Soak the wood skewers in water before you wrap the pork around it.
- Apply the olive oil spice mix to the meat on the skewers.
- Optional let the prepared skewer sit in the refrigerator for 1 to 4 hours.
- Put the wood skewers on the Grill and and rotate them every minute until they reach the desired doneness. It should not take long than 5 minutes. You can apply more of the olive oil marinade during the grilling if you want a more intense taste, it is usually not necessary.