- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 6 slices bacon, strips diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beans in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon and set aside.
- Saute onion in drippings until tender; remove with a slotted spoon.
- Drain beans; return to pan.
- Add onion, 1 tablespoon drippings, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Crumble the bacon; add to the beans and toss.
- Serve immediately.