Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
An easy and delicious way to prepare green beans.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 6 slices bacon, strips diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Place beans in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon and set aside.
- Saute onion in drippings until tender; remove with a slotted spoon.
- Drain beans; return to pan.
- Add onion, 1 tablespoon drippings, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Crumble the bacon; add to the beans and toss.
- Serve immediately.
We loved these green beans. They had wonderful flavor. Thanks for posting.
On 4/1/12 I was looking for a way to use frozen green beans,and came across this recipe and decided to try it.I boiled the beans until almost fork tender. While the beans were cooking, I fried the bacon and cooked it until it was done but not crispy.Then I cooked the onion in the bacon " drippings " until it was just softened.The beans were drained and added to the skillet that the onions had been cooked in.Then the beans were topped with crumbled bacon,then everything was tossed well to coat the beans with the wonderful "drippings". I served these with Yum Yum Crockpot Pork Tenderloin and Real Homemade Mashed Potatoes. Thank you for posting a very good recipe that will be made again. " Keep Smiling :) "
Fantastic! Thank you : )