Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a nice side dish to any German entree, especially pork. It can be made in the crockpot, or on the stovetop.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans green beans, with liquid
- 6 slices cooked bacon, reserve drippings
- bacon drippings (optional)
- 6 tablespoons vinegar
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- Place all ingredients in a small crockpot including some of the bacon drippings (optional).
- Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- The longer the beans cook, the more flavorful they are.
- This recipe can easily be doubled.
I halved this recipe, but only used 1 Tbl. brown sugar, and 1 Tbl. balsamic vinegar and the amounts were perfect for us! SOOOOO very good!!! Oh, I also cooked a shallot in 1 1/2 Tbl. butter and added that, too. DELICIOUS!!! Thanks so much!! Made for the ZWT4 :)
Made half the recipe as posted to go with a nice plain meatloaf and mashed potatoes. Very flavorful and easy to make. Thanks for sharing lazyme. Made for your win in Football Pool Wildcard Week.
I really liked this. My kid really liked this. It doesn't taste canned by the time that it's done cooking. I can see using this often. Thanks.