Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
My ancestors all settled in one area, and every year, they have a festival where they serve these egg noodles in a dish referred to as chicken and noodles.
- Beat eggs, water, salt.
- Add flour.
- Mix with fork until you can use your hands. May have to add more flour if dough is not stiff enough.
- Divide in half.
- Roll out on newspaper, thin crispy cloth towel, or parchment paper. Roll VERY thin. Nearly paper thin.
- Let dry until you can cut them easily.
- Cut in strips about 1 inch wide.
- Stack these strips on top of one another. Cut VERY thin perpendicular to strips. You will end up with noodles about 1 inch long, a fraction of an inch wide, and paper thin.
- Put noodles in bowl and let dry for 30-60 minutes, or freeze. Best to allow to dry and then freeze.
- To cook, drop into boiling broth or water until done. Better yet, add to the chicken and noodles recipe.