Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Posting for ZWT. Haven't made but it sure sounds interesting!
- 8 sweet Italian sausages (about 2 pounds total)
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes (1 3/4 pounds total)
- 1 large green apple
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 cups shredded green cabbage (1/2 large head)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup apple juice or 3⁄4 cup cider
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- Heat oven to 425 degrees .
- Prick 6 sausages with fork.
- Brown in 12" nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; do not cook through. Set aside.
- Remove remaining two sausages from casing and cook, breaking them into pieces, until they lose their pink color, about 2 minutes; remove and set aside.
- Remove all but 1 tablespoon fat from skillet.
- Add potatoes and cook 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut apple into quarters, core, and peel; cut each quarter into slices.
- Remove potatoes and add oil to skillet.
- Cook cabbage, onion, apple, garlic, salt, and pepper, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is wilted, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour and stir.
- Combine broth, apple juice, and vinegar and stir into pan; remove from heat.
- Toss in potatoes and crumbled sausage.
- Spoon mixture into lightly greased 13" x 9" baking dish.
- Arrange sausages over mixture.
- Cover and bake 25 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
My Family loves this dinner. It is delicious;-) Thanks