Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 lb beef, Ground, Lean
- 1⁄4 lb pork, Ground
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (Soft)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 lbs breasts of veal, With Brisket
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cloves, Whole
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 2 cups water
- Mix ground meats, egg, bread crumbs, lemon juice, netmeg, salt, and pepper for stuffing.
- Stuff pocket of veal breast.
- Sew closed or use toothpicks or skewers.
- Brown roast in melted shortening in ovenproof casserole.
- To the drippings add paprika, bay leaves, cloves, rosemary, basil, and 2 cups water.
- Bake in a covered casserole at 325 degrees, for 2 hours or until veal is tender.
- Slice veal and serve immediately.
this was delish! i did sub a half cup of white wine for part of the water, and i made a slurry and thickened the gravy. very hearty, but not heavy. we accompanied it with spaetzle and loved it!