1/1 Photo of German SPAM Casserole
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Nice dish to snack on over a good game of Chinese Checkers
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) can imported german Spam or 1 (12 ounce) can hormel wurst
- 1/2 cup pumpernickel breadcrumbs
- 3 german stick ducks eggs, beaten
- 8 fluid ounces goat's milk
- 1/2 lb german Tilsit cheese or 1/2 lb Limburger cheese, cubed
- 6 whole dill pickles, sliced lengthwise
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb german fries fried potato (like French fries, but deep-fried in melted Bratwurst fat instead of oil)
- 1Make sure that your German fries have been made from Blah potatoes, and keep them warm.
- 2Grind the Spam, cheese, onion and pepper together.
- 3(Grinding makes the dish easier to eat for those guest trolls who left their dentures at home).
- 4Combine with the Pumpernickel crumbs, eggs, and milk.
- 5Grease a large casserole dish with a generous amount of the Bratwurst fat.
- 6Place the Spam mixture in the casserole, and then arrange the sliced dill pickles on top.
- 7Bake, covered, at 350°F for 1¼ hours.
- 8Uncover and bake 15 minutes more to brown.
- 9Serve with German fries in individual emesis basins.
- 10Dont forget the Oreos for dessert!
You Might Also Like...View All Beef Organ Meats Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German SPAM Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.6
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 149.4 mg
- Sodium 1726.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 15.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: