Recipe by Bangbang
This was made by my Mother Inlaw from Germany. My wife made this often and it inspired my own version which you can find under Hamburger Gravy.
Top Review by Michelle S.
This was definitely interesting, and I must admit the more you ate the more it grew on you. The color is very bland and unappetizing, so it may not appeal to some that way. I used leek instead of onion as I had one to use up. And if you do not have Maggi seasoning I would NOT make a special trip to buy it like I did. It tastes exactly like soy sauce. All that said I would make this again, but it would not be a regular in rotation unfortunately. It is good, but not something I would "crave".
- 2 lbs ground beef (chuck,round,or beef)
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 large onion
- maggi seasoning
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- spaghetti noodles (we like thin or vermicelli)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry onions and celery in hot oil three minutes.
- Add beef to pan and cook till browned.
- sprinkle about two tablespoons flour over cooked meat and stir for about 1 minute add just enough water to cover meat and add bouliion cubes.
- salt and pepper to taste while cooking on low uncovered untill thickened.
- Add a little more water if it gets to thick.
- If film forms on top just stir it in.
- I use a wire wisk for this stage.
- Serve on noodles with Maggi Sauce on the side.
- Maggi is similair to Soy Sauce.