Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I'm not certain as to why this dish has the name it does but it certainly is good!! Some people have a hard time getting past using tomato soup as the sauce but just try it; you'll like it too!!
- Cook noodles to package instructions.
- Cut bacon into small pieces leaving some fat.
- Fry bacon. Add onion.
- Cook together until onions are translucent.Drain excess fat.
- Add both cans of tomato soup adding half a can of water to thin mixture. (I use the small can to measure out half the water.).
- Once noodles are drained add to the sauce mixture.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving to thicken.
This has been a family favorite for decades. In addition to the onions, we also include diced green bell peppers and diced celery. I also add in a can of diced canned tomatoes.
I would love to know the origin of your recipe! My husband's grandmother used to make the same recipe, but with peppers, in addition to the onions. Love it!